Friday, January 7, 2011

My Son’s Friend Jeremy is Dead

About 7 years ago, my wife left me with the house we had bought, and a 3 year old son and a 2 year old daughter. The house wasn’t an old home. It was built just a few years before and only had one man live there before us. To help with the expenses, I let my first cousin, Erica, and her husband move in. I gave up the master bedroom to them and we all lived together in harmony.
Not long after they moved in, I noticed my son, Colt, would spend literally most of the day in his closet playing. This was unusual because normally he would play all over the house and drag his toys into the living room. His closet was fairly large, and had a light in it. I would hear him talking, but I dismissed it as him simply entertaining himself. However, looking back, I noticed that when he was playing, it seemed like he was interacting with someone else.
I remember one time during the day when it was just me and the kids, he was in his closet playing again, and I was passing by his room. I thought I would sneak up on him, so I crept into his room real quietly, and towards his closet. The door was closed, but I heard him say, as if talking to someone else, “Shh, be quiet, here he comes.” I thought “oh well, busted” and left the room.
When I started becoming concerned is when Colt started staying up all night playing. During the day, he would talk and play in his closet. During the night, after I laid him down for bed, he would talk and play in his room for hours. I never would’ve said anything to him if it didn’t start interfering with my sleep. I was trying to get some much needed rest, and I was being kept up by him talking and giggling in his room. By this point, it had also caught the attention of Erica, who was being annoyed by it too.
My cousin and me, who are very tight, grew up hearing stories of ghosts from our mammaw. We both believe in spirits, so one night we started talking about Colt. We somehow got on the idea that he maybe has been talking to a spirit. Well surely that night, Colt was talking and playing again when he was supposed to be asleep. I went into his room and grabbed him, and brought him into Erica’s room. We both began to interrogate him. We asked him who he was talking too. “Jeremy” he replied without hesitation, almost as if we should’ve known. I tried to think of who he may know by that name, but none came to mind. We asked him what he looks like. “He’s black and has a boo-boo on his head.” My son called African-Americans brown people, so I knew then that he wasn’t talking about black as we think about it. Next we asked if he was a grown up. “No, he’s a big kid.” To Colt at that time, big kid could mean anyone from the ages of 9 -15 roughly.
Erica and me both were a little freaked out, but trying to apply logic at the same time. That’s when Colt blurted out without us asking, “Jeremy is dead.” All the hairs stood up on me then. We asked how he died. “A car wreck.” He went on to say that Jeremy comes through his window, even if it is closed, and won’t let him sleep.
After that I made Colt sleep with me, but that’s when I experienced a few things. The first was footsteps in the hall. It happened randomly at anytime during the day, and lasted just for seconds. One time, it turned into full running. That scared me. Then I started hearing doors slam. One time I was in my bedroom and heard this. I ran out into the hall, and at the end of it I saw a 6 ft plus black figure walk past the hall and out the front door. The door opened and slammed. I had to leave the house when that happened because it scared me so bad, and I’m a combat veteran. Toilets would flush on their own, and toilet paper would get thrown all over the bathroom as if it was being “rolled.”
I believe that Jeremy was probably a demon. I’m not a theologian or a parapsychologist, but I know this thing got close to my son, and successfully intimidated me. If anyone out there has similar stories or advice, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment